Pre Purchase Building and Pest Inspections in Wantirna
Building house inspections is an established building inspections business servicing Wantirna/Rowville and all suburbs within Melbourne. We conduct pre [purcahse building inspections as well s defect reports plus house inspection of residential properties.
We also inspect new home construction ,we are Registered Builders and we inspect over 1000 items throughout the building inspection including Roof,Roof space and sub floor,all external and internal areas are inspected including drainage,plumbing as well as any structural issues affecting the property.
WHAT DOES YOUR BUILDING REPORT INCLUDE
- Rusted roof sheet and flashing.
- Roof sheet lift, roofing nails or screws lifted.
- Broken or cracked roof tiles.
- Moss buildup on roof cladding.
- Hip and ridge capping mortar cracks.
- Roof line unevenness – possible roof frame defects.
- Tree overhang.
- Chimney condition – mortar decay, no capping & cracked brick work.
- Box gutter condition – rust, ponding, debris.
- Valley gutter condition.
- Parapet wall condition.
GUTTERS & DOWN PIPES:
- Gutter rust and Debris.
- Inadequate gutter fall or poorly fixed & ponding.
- Down pipes not connected to storm water.
- Down pipe rust and blockage.
- Down pipe bases not aligned.
- Down pipe clips detached.
FASCIA & EAVES:
- Fascia timber fungal decay and paint deterioration.
- Fascia unevenness.
- Eave paint deterioration.
- Eave detachment.
- Eaves damaged by leaking gutters.
- Possible Asbestos.
- Unevenness – possible frame defects.
- Timber fungal decal and paint deterioration.
- Stop baton rot/detachment.
- Plinth board decay.
- Plinth boards in contact with soil (conducive to termite infestation)
- Inadequate subfloor ventilation or cross flow of air.
- Gapping around window frames and junctions (potential water ingress)
MASONRY CLADDING (BRICK):
- Differential Settlement cracks (major and minor)
- Rising Damp.
- Mortar decay.
- Re-pointed and patched cracks (evidence of past settlement/movement)
- Sill brick cracks and unevenness (common in 70-80’s)
- Inadequate subfloor ventilation.
- Weep holes blocked (if slab dwelling) – conducive to termite infestation.
- Control joints sufficiently sealed.
- Masonry cracking over windows – normally signs of lintel rust.
CEMENT SHEET OR POLYSTYRENE CLADDING:
- Render deterioration.
- Render bubble (damp)
- Render cracking – major and minor)
- Render rust spotting – (normally associated with contaminated sand during render process)
- Timber fungal decay – major and minor.
- Cracked window panes.
- Patched window rot.
- Poor seals and putty.
- Sash cords damaged/broken.
- Binding windows.
- Damaged or non-operational window mechanisms.
- Binding or uneven doors – sign of differential settlement.
- Water damaged or deteriorated door timber.
- Non-operational handles and locks.
- Door seals.
- Lintel rust or deterioration – may cause cracks above doors.
SUB FLOOR (MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ANY INSPECTION):
- Dampness and water ponding.
- Leaking plumbing.
- Leaking bathrooms and laundry – commonly observed.
- Timber decay on flooring, joists and bearers.
- Stump footings rot or cracked concrete stumps.
- Poorly installed stumps – uneven plumb.
- Inadequate or insufficient footings.
- Type of floor coverings.
- Loose or hanging electrical wiring.
- Condition of engaged piers.
- Timber debris and rubbish (conducive to termites)
- Deteriorated or detached ductwork.
DECKS, BALCONIES, CARPORTS, GARAGES & PERGOLAS:
- Balustrade timber fungal decay.
- Balustrade and handrail safety – minimum of 125 mm gaps required to be deemed safe.
- Stairs for stability and timber decay.
- Decking or balcony frame condition – rot, unstable.
- Pergola roof frame rot.
- Post rot.
- Decking timber condition.
- Roof condition.
- Gutter and downpipe condition.
SHEDS AND GARAGES:
- Condition of roof, gutters, downpipes and cladding.
- Slab cracking – major and minor.
- Water ingress and drainage.
- Rising damp – common in garages.
SITE & LAND:
- Drainage – blocked drains.
- Drainage – land or paths should fall away from home.
- Fence palings/rails and post decay.
- Fence leaning – unsafe.
- Fence cracking.
- Pathway cracking and settlement.
- Driveway cracking and settlement.
- Trees – any path or wall cracking possible associated with tree roots.
- Cracking, rot or leaning in Retaining walls.
- Pool gates not self closing.
- Condition of roof cladding – rust or tile fretting/cracks/gaps.
- Damaged or cracked framing members.
- Insulation type and condition.
- Inadequate clearance between insulation and downlights – fire hazard.
- Condition of ductwork – deteriorated or detached.
- Unevenness in roof frame.
- Ceiling paint deterioration/mould/cracking/sagging.
- Wall cracking – major and minor.
- Rising damp – moisture readings.
- Chimney hearth condition.
- Window decay.
- Binding windows.
- Unevenness in windows – possible footings settlement.
- Cracked window panes.
- Door unevenness/binding/out of square – possible footings settlement.
- Floor unevenness – possible footings problems.
- Floor bounce and sponginess.
- Floor lining condition.
WET AREAS – KITCHEN, BATHROOMS AND LAUNDRY:
- Water Pressure.
- Water hammer/pipe knocking.
- Loose and leaking tap ware and pipes.
- Shower tile grout deterioration.
- Shower tile and screen cracking.
- Toilet operability and leaks.
- Vanity condition & fixing.
- Exhaust fan operability.
- Poor sealing of shower screens.
- Hot water unit type.
- Hot water overflow drained – conducive to termite infestation.
- Shower tap flanges adequately sealed – prevent leaks behind wall.
- A full Pest Inspection which is carried out as per Australian Standard 4349.3 – 2010 Inspection of buildings Part 3 – Timber Pest Inspections.
- Any live or past termite activity.
- Any excessive moisture readings is included in the Building and Pest Inspection Report.
- Any borer damage is assessed and included within the timber pest inspection report.
- Any timber fungal decay or rot.
- Conducive conditions that would attract termites.
- Any structural damage caused by Timber Pests.
- Trees, fences, retaining walls, outbuildings are
For further advice and recommendations contact us on 0402 198 639